I’ve waited for this day since I was a little kid. The day I could walk the red carpet (or red tile, in this case) and accept my award (a.k.a. office decoration thingy).
You don’t recognize the award, do you? That’s okay. I had never heard of it either until I was informed that I was nominated by Shelby Lynn of NerdyxNotes. Thank you, Shelby Lynn!
This is the Liebster Award.
My understanding is that you are nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger and you qualify for nomination by having 200 or less followers. You are required to answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you and in turn you come up with 11 questions and nominate 11 of your favorite “small” bloggers. In short, it’s a great way to meet other writers and get your name/brand circulating in the community.
Since I was unclear as to if or when you actually WIN, I decided to take matters into my own hands. (I’m sure this does not surprise anyone who knows my love of spectacle and tendency to go overboard.)
So, first things first. Allow me to answer my nominator’s questions then we’ll get to the good stuff – who I’m wearing!
- What is your favorite book and why? This is a strange thing for a blogger to say but I’m not a big reader. However, I love a good mystery so anything by Mary Higgins Clark is a winner. I also absolutely LOVED The Help.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? People not using a blinker and people who see fit to tell me that I’m talking too loud.
- If you could relive a particular year of your life knowing what you know now, what year and why?The year I lived in Chicago. I would move out of the suburbs, into the city proper.
- How do you come up with new blog posts? Oddly enough, I’m struggling with this right now. I try to be as organic as possible and not force a topic or post. I write about fashion but I try to include personal stories to go along with the clothes. But sometimes my life is kind of boring and that’s when the ideas are few and far between…
- If you could pull a Freaky Friday with anybody who would it be? Definitely someone famous. I want to see how the other half lives. Maybe Mariska Hargitay because I love Law and Order!
- If you were able to have any color hair, what color would you choose? I am able to have any hair color and for now I’ve chosen platinum blonde. It suits me.
- What is your favorite clothing store? Oh my – I don’t think I can choose just one! If you look in my closet you would definitely think it was Torrid, Maurices or Lane Bryant.
- Who is your blogspiration? I have several that inspire me in different ways. For example, Boardroom Blonde always has the best pictures and inspires me to step up my photog game while my friend Carrie at Our Stable Table is a constant reminder to let my genuine-self shine through and to not be afraid to speak the truth, even when it’s not pretty.
- Who is your favorite book character? Laugh if you will but I’d have to say Katniss Everdeen. Sure, she’s fictional, but she’s inspiring nonetheless.
- What is the most embarrassing station on your Pandora station list? Hands down it’s “Call Me Maybe” Radio =/
- Who’s concert would you give your left arm to attend? Pink is my girl crush so definitely her. But also the Beatles and Elvis if that were possible.
For this red carpet look I chose to pair a Ross dress with Kohl’s skinny jeans and Dana Buchman shoes. The striped clutch is Apt. 9 from Kohl’s as well.
And finally, here are my questions and nominations:
- What is your favorite post that you’ve written and why?
- If money were no object, where is the first place you would travel?
- Did your blog have a “runner-up” name? If so, what was it?
- Who is your favorite writer (blogger or not)?
- What is your day job?
- What do you wish your day job was?
- Let’s talk fashion – who is your celebrity fashion icon?
- If you could live in another decade or century, which would it be and why?
- If you could only have one item in your makeup bag, what would you choose?
- What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
- Name one thing on your bucket list that you have yet to accomplish.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers: